Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 189 - My emotional reaction to being scammed

Today I had an emotional reaction to some people who were pretending to collect donations, because I bought into it and then I realized what is really the case. I was scammed.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed and angry with myself when I realized that I was scammed and gave some money to people that were not doing what I thought they were. When and as I see myself feeling ashamed and/or being angry with myself when I realize that I was scammed - I stop and breathe. I realize and understand that I have defined being scammed as shameful and that I have perceived myself as not being able to be scammed easily and so I judged myself for it unnecessarily. Thus I commit myself to not go into shame and/or be angry with myself when I realize that I was scammed, instead I look at how I prevented myself from realizing what is actually going on and how I can be more aware and ask questions and make sure that I understand the situation and not just assume and believe what others say or how others present themselves.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to be angry at the people who scammed me and to wish/want/desire to get at them and make them pay for it just because I felt wronged. When and as I see myself feeling wronged and being angry at another when one scams me or tries to and wanting to make one pay for it - I stop and breathe. I realize and understand that I can simply stop my anger reaction by taking a few breaths. I also realize that blaming another for wanting to scam me is selfish as well as I do not really understand another's situation and circumstances that lead another into trying to scam others. Thus I commit myself to not blame the people who scam others and to instead put myself into their shoes and investigate why are they in a position where they scam people and then see what the best solution is for making sure that no one has to scam anybody in order to live in dignity.